There is nothing quite like warm cookies fresh from the oven. Especially when that day is filled with blizzard-like conditions from this year's Stormageddon. When you're stuck inside on a snow day since your state has declared a state of emergency, why not bake some simple cookies? Maybe you're sick and tired of chocolate chip, or peanut butter, or sugar. You need a change.
Do I have the cookie for you! We call them "Outrageous Cookies" because we kind of mix the best parts of our favorite cookies together. They've got peanut butter, chocolate chips, oatmeal. Trust me, they're heaven.
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup flour
1/2 cup oats (old fashion is what we use)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 bag chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. I also line some baking sheets with parchment paper. *Keeps them from sticking and only requires a quick wipe down for clean up!*
2. Put the first 6 ingredients in a mixing bowl. This will be your white sugar down to your peanut butter. Beat them until it's nice and creamy.
3. Add in your flour, oats, and baking soda. Mix until just combined.
4. Add in your chocolate chips. Careful not to over mix! I tend to mix these in by hand, as opposed to using a mixer.
5. Scoop them onto your baking sheet. You can make them as big or small as you like, I personally use a purple handed scoop. Flatten them down a bit with your fingers so that they bake more evenly. You'll bake them for 10-12 minutes.